Job Board/Software Engineer at SeatGeek
We're looking for bright, curious engineers who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment. The ticketing industry is messy, complex and makes attending live events more difficult than it is; we believe a thoughtful application of software can fix that.
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. Our application is built in the microservice architectural style and we aim to use the best language for the task at hand. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continues to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the best product we can.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience building web applications, especially within a microservices architecture. We'll be most interested in hearing about what you've built
- Experience solving complex technical challenges. SeatGeek engineers have had to create custom solutions to rather unique ticketing problems, including venue mapping, inventory tracking, and event matching. We'll be excited to hear about challenging problems you've solved
- Experience with at least one language and comfort with several others
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others
The Tools We Use:
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
Languages: Python (our primary language), C#/.NET Core, Go and PHP
Datastores: MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch
Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
Monitoring: InfluxDB/Grafana, Graylog, DataDog & PagerDuty
Version control: Git
Client Side: we make heavy use of React/Redux on the frontend
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.
1: Recruiter phone screen 2: Take home coding assignment 3: Technical video screen 4: Onsite interview 5: Reference Check
6: Offer extended