At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a self-driven, passionate and talented Frontend Software Engineer that are both eager to expand their knowledge in modern frontend technologies and are passionate about helping make the world a better place. As a Frontend Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will be part of a high performing team will be building out a new, fully-authorable custom reporting pipeline.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to i-Ready, our award-winning K-12 education software service.
- You will experience the building out of a robust, flexible custom reporting pipeline that will include an authoring experience.
- You will contribute to a home-grown UI/charts library to ensure the scalability of the reporting platform.
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues.
- You will work across multiple teams to ensure that the infrastructure we are building meets the expectations of our customers within our organization.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3-7 years of experience in the Engineering space, with 1-2 years serving as the lead for a development team.
- Extremely strong communication skills with the ability to review options/solutions with Product partners in a clear, concise manner.
- A history of identifying and implementing process/development efficiencies.
- Self-driven individuals that are eager to grow and share their knowledge of frontend technologies.
- Problem solvers, self-sufficient individuals that can find solutions to complex problems.
- Service oriented individuals that want to understand the customers they are serving and incorporate that into the product they build.
- You are passionate about producing clear, maintainable, and testable code.
- You have experience with writing unit tests with test frameworks like Jest to develop high quality, well tested solutions.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are driven to achieve great results.
- You have the ability to be successful on a team with remote members, embracing collaboration on a daily basis.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience of any of the following technologies is an advantage: CSS, React, Redux, Jest.
- Previous experience in building a responsive web application.
- Previous experience in building an authoring experience.
- Open-source projects, or presentations at meetups and conferences.
- Educational domain background.
More about this role:
Location: Home office is in Billerica, MA. Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19 and full-time remote is an option for this role.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.