Job Board/Senior Security Analyst at Symantec
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments, and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Are you passionate about security? Do you love solving difficult problems? Want to work with top cyber security experts supporting a wide variety of clients across various industries? Join us at Symantec!
As Senior Security Analysts within Symantec's MSS Global Threat Response Team you will work in a best-in-class group to research and respond to today’s most relevant threats. The responsibilities of this role include researching and reporting on developments in the threat landscape, building network and endpoint detections, and coordinating internal teams to best defend our customers. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Researching, understanding, and developing responses to cyber threats
- Writing, editing, and publishing technical reports
- Developing and deploying network and endpoint detections to support a Security Operations Center analysis team
- Performing data analysis to optimize SOC procedures
- Prioritize and remediate internal maintenance requests to ensure a well-run global analytics platform
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of major detection improvements to SOC analytics
- Coordinating analysis teams to best educate on and respond to developments in the Threat Landscape
- Developing policies and procedures for handling security incidents
- 2+ years of IT security experience – ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
- A solid understanding of the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent threat groups, malware, attack methods, and vulnerabilities
- Good technical writing ability
- Experience researching security threats and developing detection mechanisms to defend against them
- Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
- The ability to express themselves clearly and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience researching complex technical subject matter, and clearly documenting the results/key findings for others to review.
- Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
- One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA.
- Technically inquisitive nature with a confident approach to defending against the latest and the greatest cyber threats
On call duties required.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster and supplement.
oral technical interview