Webflow has huge ambitions to fundamentally change the way websites and web applications are designed and built. We believe that web development should be accessible to anyone who loves to create, not just those who can code. We're looking for someone who shares this vision for the future and who is enthusiastic about building creative tools.
As a product designer, you'll be translating powerful code-based paradigms to visual UI. The best candidates possess the skills and insights to build intuitive solutions that solve for common use cases. You'll have to strike a balance between power and ease of use when building creative tools for the next generation of web designers. You'll contribute to some of the most critical parts of the product process: understanding user needs through research, creating interactive prototypes, user testing, designing high-fidelity interfaces, defining components with the engineering team, and extensively testing your product to make sure it meets all the project goals.
This is a full-time position in our San Francisco office. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we include: medical, dental, and vision plans, employer-funded HRA plan, 4+ weeks of paid vacation, catered lunches and stocked kitchen, new Apple gear, commuter benefits, $100 monthly Lyft credit, paid parental leave programs, in-office bicycle storage, and fun team-building events.
* Own every aspect of a product's design, from solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
* Before designing anything, do everything possible to familiarize yourself with the core problem you're trying to solve and all the user goals
* Create and test rough prototypes early in the design process to create confidence in a solution
* Design high-fidelity UI and UX specs to clearly communicate requirements to your team's engineers
* Work closely with your engineers to build components that seamlessly fit into a larger component library / style guide
* Help make high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
* Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
* Experience designing and shipping applications
* Proven ability to empathize with and build solutions for users
* Ability to organize and communicate your thoughts and motivations
* A keen eye for visual UI details
* Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
* Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
Screener, in-person interview, take home project