Here’s who YOU are:
• You have been working with web technologies for 3-5 years
• You are a strong problem solver who is always looking for solutions
• You value testing your code and can implement unit and functional tests
• You are intimately familiar with Chrome/Firefox/Safari dev tools
• You have applied experience and understanding with common software design patterns.
• You are interested in every aspect of the stack from top to bottom
• You have experience with UX design
• You've worked with serverless technologies like Lambda/Cloud Functions
You are a great cultural add if:
• You're an advocate for great user experiences
• You're a self-starter, and love taking initiative to solve problems
• You're excited to grow your team's visibility in the tech community through blogging, tech talks, writing docs, and open-source projects
• You love playing obscure board games (we host semi-regular board game nights)
We’re always growing, and we’re looking for talented, curious, and motivated individuals to join our team. We'd love to hear from you -even if you don't meet 100% of our requirements.
About us: Insider Inc. is a global news and lifestyle publication with teams in New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential and loved journalism brand in the world. To do this, we delight our audience, clients, and colleagues and we get better every day (you’ll hear that mantra a lot). Our employees are world-class storytellers, excellent communicators, “good eggs”, and—most of all—effective. We make things happen, love what we do, and have fun while we do it. You can read more about our Mission, Values, and Culture here and more about our company and brands here.
Our newsroom has three divisions: Business Insider, Insider News, and Insider Life. As the 4th largest digital media brand in the U.S, we tell stories that command attention and inspire action. We equip a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 375 million, including half of all U.S. millennials on the internet, with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site which and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, the #1 daily news show on Facebook, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
1st round - HR Phone Interview, 2nd round technical phone interview, 3rd round onsite interview
We’ve made significant progress with tech and product team hiring from a D&I perspective in the last year. When I was creating and revamping our recruitment process, it gave me the opportunity to evaluate how we should be thinking about D&I when speaking with candidates and hiring managers. We hired seven women engineers on our tech team in the past year, and have prioritized attending more diversity-oriented hiring events, such as WomenHack. We’ll continue to work to remove bias in each step of the hiring process, knowing that we still have a lot of work to do. D&I efforts will continue to be a main priority for me and the Insider Inc. hiring team as a whole in 2020.