Job Board/Senior Front End Engineer at Protenus
Protenus, a leading healthcare compliance analytics company based in Baltimore, Maryland, is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Protenus is the leader in data analytics solutions for healthcare compliance. Our holistic approach to anomaly detection prioritizes the most suspicious events so that health systems can focus on actual threats rather than noise and false positives, without any additional work on dead-end investigations. Our interactive forensic platform, easy-to-use visualizations and automated reporting take the normally laborious and weeks-long process of investigating and resolving cases down to a just a few minutes.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to strengthen our Front End Engineering team. We’re looking for talented individuals who are smart, passionate, and want to drive a positive change in the health IT industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace, Protenus provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every day. If you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table that reflect your experience and personality, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
About The Role
We look for our Senior Front End engineer to help craft our product by bringing their breadth of experience to the table. Experience with full-stack development is utilized as you craft and manipulate data in document-based databases and build out services-support for UI features. In particular, front-end development skills will be put to use the most and should be where your passion lies. Our Senior Front End engineer has the responsibility of delivering accurate and insightful information through a delightful user experience. In turn, our product offers an array of interesting problems to solve: scalability, optimization, and modularizing a data-driven UI. Projects include building React components, engineering rich visualizations in D3, designing and building world-class interactions, and architecting back-end solutions in Java for complex customer needs.
You will be working as part of a small team of front end engineers who are focused on building new features and improvements within our modern interface for our rapidly growing and highly diverse customer base.
Key Qualifications, Skills, or Competencies
- 3+ years professional experience developing back-end web applications, particularly in Java
- You have a critical, detail-oriented eye for design and interaction, and aren't afraid to make design decisions
- You love to build high-quality code with efficiency and maintainability in mind
- You are comfortable working with the command line, specifically tools such as Git, NPM, and Make
- You enjoy working on a team with talented developers and designers
Nice to Have:
- A strong portfolio of work that you can share, such as a personal website, or a publicly visible product (e.g. a GitHub or Codepen account that demonstrates what you love to do)
- Experience with React, webpack, D3, or similar tools
- Experience writing front end unit tests using Jest, Karma, Mocha, or similar
- Experience with Java
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Experience with E2E testing and associated tools such as Selenium, Protractor, or others
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Interest or experience in data collection and visualization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar technical/scientific discipline) or comparable experience
The Protenus healthcare compliance analytics platform uses artificial intelligence to audit every access to patient records for the nation’s leading health systems. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions. This year, Protenus was named one of The Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare and one of the Best Places to Work in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
- Screening interview
- Hiring manager interview
- Take home test
- Onsite interview
- Reference check
- Offer letter