Tracer is a data platform built to maximize marketing efficiency. Our technology was born from the challenges facing today's marketers. By aggregating cross-platform data and adding business context, we provide transparency into the performance of media investments. Tracer has a proven track record of consistently empowering better decisions and solving data challenges for some of the world's biggest brands.
- We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
- We are building for the long term and prioritize a good solution over a quick one
- New members quickly take on responsibility for larger parts of the application
- We know that engineers love to learn and we encourage you to take on projects outside of your focus
- Winning Together - Individuals don’t scale – teams do. It’s not about what you can accomplish individually; it’s about impacting what we can accomplish together. Share ownership, lend a hand, and empower others.
- Creating Transparency - Transparency is in the DNA of what we build, as well as who we are. Ask questions, share answers, reach out for help, and challenge expectations across the board. Do so in a way that is accessible to everyone
- Reason Above Rank - The best ideas can come from anywhere, and the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. It is the responsibility of all team members to facilitate discussion, be receptive, and objectively determine the path forward.
- Proactive Leadership - Leadership is an action to be taken, not a title to be given. Set a positive example, put the goal first, and look for ways to improve at scale. Leadership opportunities, big and small, are always out there - if you're willing to look.
- Building Community - Our community is built on trust, humility, mutual respect, and a commitment to our values - in how we act, listen, and lead. Each person helps make Tracer a place to take risks, speak up, and feel heard. The strength of our community starts with its members and extends past our walls.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect robust systems for ensuring data integrity. If the data is wrong, everything we build on top of it is useless.
- Improve our ETL processes for fetching, normalizing and surfacing data across dozens of APIs, and a huge quantity of complex data sources
- Improve memory and time efficiency for thousands of daily jobs across hundreds of brands
- Improve our data retrieval engine - taking a wide array of inputs across a large number of tables and delivering an accurate result
- Build out an incredible team of data engineers
What We Look For
- 5+ years of relevant experience or 3+ years and a CS or equivalent degree
- Capable of designing scalable solutions to complex data problems
- Ability to scope, coordinate, and deliver projects with multiple engineers
- Someone who can facilitate the growth of a team. See our definition of Winning Together.
- Experience writing production code and creating/ improving ETL processes
- Strong understanding of relational database architecture
Technologies We Use
- Python / Pandas
- Django REST framework
- Heroku / AWS
What We Got
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401K with matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Work from Home policy
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave
- The week off between Christmas & New Years
- Summer Fridays
Note Tracer is not able to accept remote & H1B visa candidates at this time*