Job Board/Product Designer at Maven Clinic
Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital healthcare company focused on bringing better access to healthcare for women and families. In September, we raised our Series B from leading funds Sequoia and Oak HC/FT, bringing our total funding to $42 million. Serving over 1 million members around the world and working with both small and Fortune 50 companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for women and families in egg freezing, fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, and return to work—both to individuals and as a family benefit provided by employers.
Maven is looking for a product designer to join their product and design team. Applicants should have a solid background in conducting user research and facilitating design-thinking activities. Applicants should also have a passion for solving business and user problems with intuitive solutions, while owning all facets of design from user research to final UI execution.
On an average day you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify and prioritize user problems and business needs to solve.
- Work alongside product, design, and engineering to build and grow product at Maven across iOS, web, and android platforms.
- Maintain and grow Maven’s design patterns and visual design language through collaboration with the product and brand design team.
- Conduct user research to identify and validate user problems and test hypotheses.
- Lead ideation, prototyping and testing of new concepts. Share ideas and learnings across the organization to keep stakeholders and impacted teams in-the-know.
- Oversee and facilitate implementation of designs by working closely with engineering teammates.
- Thoughtfully balance all aspects of Maven’s growing business by considering engagement, sales, and user needs when contributing to product strategy and developing design directions.
- Be a champion of design thinking and help encourage and inspire creativity and a culture of feedback around the organization.
- Solve real-world customer problems to influence health outcomes and support women through critical life transitions.
- 3-5 years of product design experience
- Exceptional foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities)
- Mastery of relevant software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe or likewise)
- Ability to design for a multitude of platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Experience building prototypes (Framer, Marvel, Principle, InVision, HTML/JS, etc)
- Strong communication, problem-solving and brainstorming skills
- Has deep product experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple case studies
- Has a sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize and incorporate brand goals and considerations in product work
- Passionate about women’s health
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike and ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental and other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated ‘bring your child’ and ‘bring your canine’ to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our hiring process kicks off with a 45 minute phone call with the hiring manager to share an overview of the Maven product team and strategy, and high level requirements for the role. We’ll also use that time to go over your career history and walk through one project of your choice to get a sense of your design process.
Next steps after that entail an on-site interview in the Maven NYC headquarters where you’ll do a series of 1:1s with your future collaborators, along with a walk through of your portfolio with the whole group that you’ll meet with throughout the day.