Dispo aims to restore joy to the experience of photography. In fact, we aim to restore joy to modern life. We are not shocked that our love for the delight and surprise of disposable cameras is fun for everyone. A digital disposable camera experience allows us to reclaim our lives from our phones. Waiting for developed photos is like Christmas morning, and it allows us to use cameras to live in the moment and tell stories again. Our goal is to become the world’s home for photography’s ultimate purpose: storytelling and connection making.
Come join the team and live a little- or a lot.
As a member of Dispo's iOS team, you’ll be crafting some of the best mobile experiences the world has ever seen.
What will you do?
- Work on a modern modular iOS stack heavily leveraging Apple’s Combine.
- Build and own features from production ideation to design to shipping and maintenance.
- Influence the direction of both iOS and broader engineering teams as well as make key architectural decisions.
Who are you?
- Someone with minimum 2+ years of experience working on iOS apps in the app store.
- An engineer with product sensibility. We are a small team and product input comes from everyone.
- Deep expertise with UIKit. You love crafting elegant custom view transitions.
- You care deeply about performance and are comfortable using profiling as needed to get there.
- You can deal with multiple axes in challenging situations: scale, uncertainty, and speed.
- Someone who wants to build an inclusive culture from day one.
- Generous compensation
- Generous vacation
- Generous benefits
- Generous food
- Generous what else? You are an early employee. Just ask.
- Introduction zoom call with CEO
- Take home
- Technical interview paired with one of our engineers
- Work history discussion paired with our product manager
- Background and reference check
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Dispo is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment starting with our app and extending to our staff which comprises of majority women and people of color. We aim to create a safe environment where people can truly be themselves and shift away from the perfectionism associated with other forms of social media. If you agree with this mission, come join our team!
When you apply, please mention that you found the posting on Diversify Tech!