Job Board/Full Stack Web Developer at Schell Games
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER
Schell Games is currently seeking a talented Full Stack Web Developer. Team experience is essential, as is the ability to be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently and collaborate closely with the marketing and game development teams.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and aesthetic issues during web development as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design new and maintain current overall architecture of all studio marketing web applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with the marketing and development teams to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Work with graphic designers and artists and converting designs to visual elements, demonstrating a strong aesthetic sense
- Understand and implement security and data protection best practices
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ~3 years of experience in a software development role, specifically in a cross-discipline, collaborative creative environment
- Proficient in open source relational database management systems, specifically MySQL
- Understanding of web server technologies and configuration (Specifically Apache HTTP Server)
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Specifically Perforce, SVN, Git)
- Experience with content management systems is required (Craft CMS experience preferred)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
- BS/BA/BFA degree in computer science and/or web design is preferred but not required
- Experience using Craft CMS is preferred, but not required
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Knowledge of game industry is welcome
- Experience using Adobe PhotoShop would be helpful
- Portfolio of work is required with application for review demonstrating work examples.
Candidates selected for this position are subjected to a standard criminal history and employment verification background check upon a contingent offer.
1) Phone Interview with Director of Marketing or Director of Talent
2) Skype Interview - tech side
3) Onsite Interview