Job Board/Frontend Software Engineer at SeatGeek
We've tried to create the simplest, most straightforward way to discover events and buy tickets. We humbly believe that SeatGeek has the best UI in ticketing, but there's always so much room to improve.
We're looking for a developer who's focused on building beautiful and performant user interfaces. The ideal candidate is an engineer who cares as much about the elegance of the interfaces they create as the elegance of the code used to create them.
SeatGeek has an ever-evolving product. Here’s a sample of some of the projects our team has been working on recently:
- We built fresh new interfaces like Pano and a seating chart interface built on a modern mapping stack that make finding tickets easier and more immersive
- We rebuilt our mobile website from the ground up as a single-page application, and rearchitected our checkout and event page interfaces
- We laid the foundation for a future where ticketing is fundamentally open
- We embarked on reshaping how our customers discover events they’ll love
- We rebranded and implemented a completely new design for our website
What We’re Looking For:
- A developer who has lead product initiatives. Most developers at SeatGeek are full stack. You may be comfortable across the stack, but probably specialize in the following:
- HTML/CSS: This stuff is easy for you. Canvas and WebGL might be where it starts to get interesting, or your ears might perk up at the mention of WebAssembly. We don't bother with IE < 11, and some of your work will be on mobile browsers.
- You're familiar with at least one modern framework and clientside rendering techniques. We mostly use React with several varieties of Flux and Immutable.js data structures to create our user interfaces, although specific knowledge of React is not a prerequisite.
- UI & Product Instincts: You have feelings about how a webpage should look and feel, and care about the nuances of how users will work with the product you’re building. We don’t expect you to be a visual designer, but we’re looking for someone who can collaborate with and build on the work of our experienced design team.
Nice to haves: These are all optional, but ideally you have some experience with Sketch or Photoshop, and some level of comfort with one or more of the following: PHP, Python, Go, and/or Node.js. If you've never worked with any of these in your life but are interested in learning more about them, please still apply.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build interactive and thoughtful UIs in React that solve complex problems and are a delight to use
Contribute to creating components and APIs for SeatGeek's frontend libraries
- Work with complex backend APIs that are already in place
- Collaborate with the SeatGeek design team and product managers to bring ideas to life
- Visualize interesting datasets and powerful models with modern frontend technologies
- Participate in the conceptualization and wireframing of new interfaces
- Build essential architectural pieces
- Contribute to the growth and success of other members of the team
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
- The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub
1: Recruiter phone screen 2: Take home coding assignment 3: Technical video screen 4: Onsite interview 5: Reference check 6: Offer extended