Experience as Medicine for Psychedelic Therapy
The right person for this role will be a highly internally motivated technical contributor, with strong experience shipping production level code with strong back end competency. It is important that you have an understanding of, and can manage, the end-to-end lifecycle of a development project, from local development and version control, through to both front end and back end development, server setups and management, as well as deployment and maintenance processes.
Being an integral part of a small startup, it is also important that you have the ability to prioritize and focus and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Most of all, you’re interested in using your engineering capabilities to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realizing a new category of well-being products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal.
You’ll be someone who is excited to work among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems, and work with world-class therapists, engineers, researchers, artists and musicians.
Building out our user-facing applications, as well as a scalable music generation platform for psychedelic therapy, psychotherapy and other wellness use cases.
Your main projects will include:
We create therapeutic experiences for people with depression, PTSD and other serious clinical conditions. These patients come from all different backgrounds, and it is fundamentally important that we as Wavepaths reflect that diversity. After all, how can we provide personalized medicinal experiences when we ourselves are culturally, ethnically and experientially homogeneous?
What we do already:
- Ensuring that for every hire we spend the extra effort finding diverse candidates
- One of the hiring criteria is "Perspective", meaning that if a candidate comes from a background or experience that is different from what we already have
- Holding bi-weekly product retros that include the question "what can we do to make you feel better supported?". Company-wide retros are every other month
- We hold a diversity and inclusion townhall, so everyone is aware of the importance, their own unconscious biases and actions we can take to make it better
- Our co-founder is female
- Our therapists hold us accountable on diversity
Made with ❤️ by Veni Kunche.