Works with functional areas within the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost and with Academic Information Systems staff to understand, communicate, and address university automation needs.
Must be eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Identifies and documents the functional requirements and business processes to be automated. Understands the user’s view of applications and/or technology and is able to put procedures in a logical sequence; provides expertise on technical concepts of applications and/or needs and roles of user groups. Establishes and maintains rapport with both functional and technical staff with the purpose of coordinating analysis, design and documentation as well as responding to business process issues and project prioritization requests. Recommends changes in workflows and practices to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies for the work unit. Assists in identification of gaps in business process documentation and analysis. Consults on critical design decisions; reviews various resources and prepares analyses or summaries.
- Identifies and documents the design, development and/or implementation of non-functional requirements of built and/or purchased information systems. Responsible for analyzing the interactions among multiple applications. Comfortable with analytics and data management as business analysis tools and capable of contributing to design, testing, data profiling and architecture work and planning.
- Presents automation needs and requirements to facilitate the building and/or implementation of automated solutions. Responsible for interpreting and presenting both business process and technical details to functional experts and developers in a way that is meaningful to each audience. Synthesizes and presents business process information in written, spoken, and visual/graphical formats; creates detailed documentation of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify information systems. Communicates with diverse groups via multiple media, modes and methods (e.g. email, chat, presentations, video, documentation); ensures messages and terminology is consistent across all written materials. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc.; develops RFPs. Develops, enhances, and maintains user documentation for multiple applications including materials required for end users; provides knowledge transfer for all systems and processes; trains others including technical and functional staff and end users. Maintains documentation libraries, templates and ensures appropriate access and use of documentation materials.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans, including both functional and non-functional (security, performance, accessibility, etc.) tests. Understands various levels of testing (for example: unit, integration, system, user-acceptance, and post-production validation) and how to manage those testing activities, including outside-in and inside-out testing approaches. Defines and implements regression testing suites and minimum testing checklists for AIS systems. Works with business analysts and software developer/analysts to ensure that all software requirements have associated tests defined. Establishes and maintains rapport with both functional and technical staff to coordinate effective testing activities. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis. Documents test results and ensures defects/issues are remediated. Tracks and reports status of testing efforts to verify that requirements are being fulfilled. Identifies gaps in testing processes, documentation, and analysis and recommends improvements to maximize testing effectiveness.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Adapts to changing priorities in a multi-tasking environment. Works under broad guidelines with substantial creativity and latitude to achieve results.
Bachelor's degree or higher. Two years of professional experience with some combination of software quality assurance and testing, business analysis, information system design, data analysis/research, and communications/writing/editing. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with functional and IT staff and end users. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and clarify complex and/or ambiguous information from multiple sources using a variety of tools and techniques. Demonstrated ability to organize complex analysis and communication tasks into manageable work with meaningful results. Demonstrated familiarity with software testing standards and approaches. Demonstrated ability to analyze complex software requirements and develop test cases and scenarios to ensure requirements are fulfilled. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High attention to and appreciation of detail. Self-directed and dedicated to working as a member of a diverse collaborative team. Excellent problem-solving skills.
Additional years of professional experience. Familiarity with software development practices and business process mapping techniques. Experience with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to user problems to make them more effective. Familiarity with automated testing techniques and tools. Experience in the higher education and/or IT industries; knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within higher education IT. Experience with business process and/or technical communication across a variety of audiences. Knowledge of the techniques and methods of planning, organizing, and writing various types of materials; ability to compose, review, illustrate, and edit technical documents, materials, and reports. Experience as a data analyst analyzing raw data using a variety of analytical tools and skills; knowledge of research methodology/ability to conduct research. Experience training and/or managing others. Excellent visual communication and/or design skills.
$70,000 + depending on qualifications