#ChangeTheRatio is a series featuring underrepresented people in tech who are looking for jobs. If you are hiring, please reach out directly. If you are an ally who wants to make tech a supportive and inclusive environment, share your network! If you know of someone hiring, introduce them to this group.
Here are some things to consider:
1. Check your bias. Make sure you are paying equal attention to people of color.
2. Reach out to folks even if you don't have a position right now. Get to know them and come back to them when you do have a position available.
3. If you are serious about bringing diversity to your company, change the way you hire. Don't be afraid to hire bootcamp graduates and people with non-traditional tech backgrounds.
4. Please don't send jobs that require 1+ years of experience to entry-level developers. If a position doesn't actually require years of experience, let them know.
5. Gentle reminder that they are interviewing you and and your company as much you are interviewing them. Be respectful and supportive.